Hotel guest and visitor share responsibility for fire

This claim involved a fire at an extended stay type hotel in North Carolina. A hotel guest was cooking and left the pan unattended on the stove and hot cooking oil ignited a fire. Although the fire was put out relatively quickly, the sprinkler system activated and caused considerable flood damage. The hotel guest had limited insurance coverage, but Stutman Law’s investigation revealed that there was also another person in the room when the fire occurred. Stutman Law obtained contributions from the homeowner’s carriers of both responsible parties totaling $250,000.

Posted in Recoveries | Tagged |