Property manager liable for hiring negligent roofer

An unlicensed roofer hired by the property manager doing unpermitted roofing repair work negligently used a propane torch in the vicinity of an exhaust vent for a lacquer spray booth in a Southern California strip mall. Investigation established that sparks from the torch lit the spray booth filters, causing a fire that destroyed the entire mall, and led to Stutman Law attorneys obtaining a $600,000 settlement through mediation.

Posted in Recoveries | Tagged |